Aviation and associated aviation risks can be a minefield to the uninitiated. That’s why you need an expert aviation insurance broker to assist in the placement of your risk.
From crop dusters to experimental aircraft, hangar keepers to airside refuelling, we can do it all.
As a Corporate Authorised Representative of McKenzie Ross, Geoff and Tony Butler from Butler Aviation (BAIB) combine over 40 years of specialist aviation insurance knowledge. Most importantly they have been actively involved for just as long as Pilots, LAME/Engineer, Aircraft owners and operators, ensuring unparalleled professional experience because they know and understand the industry they love.
Our clients vary enormously from the one aeroplane private owner, Aerial Ag clients to major Corporate Charter operators. We also accommodate associated industry risks including flight training, engineers, refuelling, aircraft push back and cleaning.
- Hull and Liability – BAIB can accommodate all hulls risks from your corporate jets, rotary wing, RPT to Light Sport Aircraft and everything in between. Tony and Geoff have a close affinity with the Aerial Ag industry and are able to place harder risks which other brokers shy away from.
- Hangar Keepers – Cover your private hangar or the largest engineering workshop. Cover can include damage to third party aircraft and faulty workmanship
- Airport Owners / Operators Liability – We provide insurance programs for a number of local airports and private airstrips. It is important to adequately understand your exposures and make sure your interests are properly protected.
- Aerial Application Liability – Covering third party claims for losses resulting from operator negligence.
- Marine Transit Cover – Cover for material damage or loss during aircraft importation. Including cover for international import or export of aircraft and aircraft parts.
- Ferry Flights – Flying in an aircraft from overseas? We can assist in the placement of the cover worldwide for ferry flights.
- Airside vehicle movement activities – Most insurers exclude airside vehicle activities in their liability insurance programs. We can provide a liability solution to cover from the time the vehicle enters the fence for airside work.
- Flight Training Facilities and Schools – Including cover for testing and check flights. We can also insure aircraft used in flight training activities whether online or owned by the training school.
- War Risks Hull and Liability
- Pilot Risk Insurance
- Personnel Personal Accident Cover
Our Aviation Experts
Geoff Butler learnt to fly at the age of 20. Having commenced his insurance career over 40 years ago, he returned from living overseas to work for a company called Bray Gibb Wrightson, who acquired the specialist aviation broker with Stewart Smith, to become Stewart Wrightson. In 1977 he was asked to join the Australian Aviation Underwriting Pool and in 1980 became the Victorian manager.
In 1993 in partnership with others, Geoff formed an underwriting agency called the Australian Aviation Insurance Group, which he part owned and ran for 8 years until QBE acquired the business in 2001.
Geoff continued with QBE Aviation as the Victorian Manager until 2005 and has worked as an aviation broker since. Geoff started Butler Aviation Insurance Brokers as a Corporate Authorised Representative of McKenzie Ross and Co Pty Ltd in 2011.
In that time he has owned and operated numerous aircraft. Have been involved in flying from his teenager years and still currently owns and operates a Cessna 180 aircraft and a Zlin Savage Cub.
Tony Butler As one of Geoff’s sons Tony was brought up in the aviation industry and never had a doubt as to which direction he would head professionally. As a teenager he spent his holidays working in hangars helping out engineers, getting on the odd test flight.
After school he obtained an apprenticeship as an Aircraft maintenance engineer with Field Air in Ballarat, rebuilt his first aeroplanes and obtaining his pilot’s licence. After 5 years in the aerial Ag industry and becoming a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Tony left to broader his experience in the regional airlines. After successful stints at Airnorth and Regional Express he joined QBE Aviation Insurance as a business relationship manager and technical expert following in his father’s footsteps.
Tony embraced the challenging and rewarding nature of aviation Insurance and after three years in the role left to join his father in Butler Aviation Insurance Brokers. Tony is still actively involved in the Industry not only through Butler Aviation but also as an active pilot, owning a Mooney M20J. In addition to his work as an Aviation broker, Tony works with Rex Aviation in WA as a licensed Engineer helping maintain their passenger aircraft.
Not only does he enjoy doing this but he feel it keeps him grounded and in touch with the Aviation Industry on all levels.
Find out more
As an experienced Aviation insurance broker, our relationships with specialist local underwriters we are able to offer a suitable solution for this unique risk.
Contact us today on (03) 9691 2222 to discuss your Aviation insurance needs.